The loveofreading.org website and its contents (the “Site”) is owned and operated by the Indigo Love of Reading Foundation (“LoR”).
LoR wants to ensure the Site is a friendly and safe environment for school children, their families and friends and visitors at large who care about literacy in Canada. The Site is monitored, but not constantly, for inappropriate comments and usernames, as well as to respond to any questions or requests that may come through the Site.
While the Site is monitored, you may still encounter content which may be offensive or objectionable to you. If you think content, including a comment posted on a discussion board, is objectionable or offensive, please let us know by following the notice instructions under Section 6 below.
- General Restrictions
- You may use this Site for your own personal, non-commercial information or entertainment purposes only.
- You may not copy, reproduce, reuse, retransmit, adapt, publish, frame, post, upload, modify, broadcast or distribute any Content in any way, including for any public or commercial purpose whatsoever, without our prior written permission.
- You may not use any third parties’ likeness, names, and/or properties without their express permission.
- You may not send any material to the Site that is unlawful, harmful (including any virus), threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, indecent or profane or that could constitute or encourage a violation of any law.
- LoR may review, edit or delete materials you or others send to the Site, but are not obligated to do so.
- LoR may cancel any account(s) on this Site at any time, without notice or liability, for any reason, including but not limited to, if technical, irregularities or misuse occurs.
- Site User Conduct
You agree not to post, email, transmit, upload or otherwise submit any Submitted Content that:
- may be harmful, threatening, defamatory, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, bullying, vulgar, obscene, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable and that, in the sole judgment of LoR, is objectionable, or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site, or which may expose LoR or its users to any harm or liability of any type;
- could be harmful to minors;
- contains your or anyone else’s personal or private information, including, without limitation, full names, full addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, social insurance numbers and credit card numbers;
- infringes any intellectual property right or any other rights of any entity or person, including but not limited to copyrights or trademarks;
- violates any law;
- promotes information that is false, misleading, or advocates illegal activity;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
- advertises or otherwise solicits for goods or services beyond the fundraising initiatives described on this Site;
- contains a virus or other harmful component;
- Involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters”, or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”; and
- is not consistent with LoR’s brand image, as solely determined by LoR.
- User Misconduct – Inappropriate Content, Copyright Infringement, Etc.
As set out above, LoR prohibits the posting of any information or materials that violates the user conduct noted above. It is LoR’s policy to investigate and respond to claims of misconduct including intellectual property infringement. Upon receipt of any notice alleging misconduct or infringement, LoR will act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any material claimed to be inappropriate or claimed to be the subject of infringing activity and will act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any reference or link to such material.
Any notices should be directed to:
Privacy Office, Indigo Love of Reading Foundation
620 King Street West, Suite 400
Toronto, Ontario M5V 1M5
Please put “User Misconduct” in the subject line of all such notifications and include in each such notice a reasonable description of the materials alleged to be infringing and the proprietary rights alleged to be infringed. You can also flag a comment as inappropriate. Doing so will expedite review by an administrator, who may choose to do nothing, edit, or remove the comment entirely.
- Use of Materials
Unless otherwise indicated, all content appearing on this Site is the property of LoR, their respective parent(s), subsidiaries or affiliates and is protected, without limitation, by Canadian and foreign copyright and trademark laws. The information and materials, including text, images, audio, video, computer code and software, appearing on this Site are presented for your non-commercial, personal use only. Copying these materials for anything other than your personal use is a violation of copyright and trademark laws. You may not reproduce, duplicate, distribute or modify in any way any materials available on this Site without prior written permission from LoR. Misuse of any of the information appearing on this Site may violate copyright and trademark law.
We are committed to following all rules and regulations regarding tax receipting set out by the Canadian tax authority, the Canada Revenue Agency. Your donation is appreciated. All donations are non-transferable and LoR will determine, in its sole and absolute discretion whether to honour any request for a refund.
- Limitation of Liability
LoR: (1) WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, FOR YOUR USE OF THIS SITE AND MAKE NO CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS APPEARING ON THE SITE, WHICH IS PROVIDED “AS IS;” (2) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (3) DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS THAT THIS SITE OR ITS CONTENTS WILL BE ERROR FREE OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL LoR AND AFFILIATES BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND EXPENSES WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS SITE OR FOR ANY MATERIALS CONTAINED HEREIN, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- License for Submitted Content
You agree that by posting Submited Content, sending emails, inputting data, answering questions, uploading data or files or otherwise communicating with LoR, you are granting to LoR and its designees, a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully-paid up and royalty-free, unrestricted license to use, sell, display, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works, combine with other works, alter, translate, distribute copies, perform, publish, license, sub-license and reproduce the Submitted Content and LoR shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of the Submitted Content for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you, and you hereby release LoR, its agents and employees from any claims that such use violates any of your rights.
You represent and warrant that your Submitted Content is not subject to any confidentiality obligations or third party intellectual property encumbrances and that you own and control all of the rights and have the authority to grant these rights to LoR.
LoR shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, to any work it creates or has created from the Submitted Content.
- Links to Third Party Websites
- Intellectual Property Rights
Except as expressly provided, you are not granted any rights in or to the content available on the Site. All such rights remain with LoR (including its representatives and suppliers) and the copyright owners. LOVE OF READING, INDIGO LOVE OF READING FUND and INDIGO LOVE OF READING FOUNDATION are registered trademarks of Indigo Books & Music Inc. All other trademarks that appear throughout this Site belong to Indigo Books & Music Inc. or the respective owners of such trademarks, and are protected by law. Any use of any of these trademarks without the express prior written consent of LoR or the owner of the trademark, as appropriate, is strictly prohibited.
- Governing Law
- Term and Termination
This Agreement shall continue in effect for as long as you use the Site, unless specifically terminated earlier by LoR. All provisions of this Agreement that impose obligations continuing in their nature shall survive termination or expiration of this Agreement.
Any notice or other significant communication given to you pursuant to this Agreement shall be in writing, addressed to any email address or address that you provided to LoR when registering and sent to you by email or by nationally recognized overnight courier as applicable. Any notice or other significant communication given to LoR pursuant to this Agreement shall be in writing and sent to LoR.
- Severability/Entire Agreement/Assignment/Waiver