The Indigo Love of Reading Foundation is excited to connect our educator community to a fantastic resource built and developed in partnership with the Critical Thinking Consortium! Below you will find links to 8 different lesson plans grouped by grade range (K-3 and 4-8) that we hope will help students think deeply about important concepts around inclusion and develop the thinking tools they need to make meaning from, and also challenge what they are reading and learning. Embedded in the lesson plans themselves are 42 suggested expert book recommendations for each grade range selected by Canadian-based educators invested in anti-oppressive and anti-racist education.
INTRODUCTION TO THE RESOURCE
To help introduce you to the lesson plans we have included a link to a Powerpoint presentation narrated by the Executive Director of the Critical Thinking Consortium, Usha James, who will help to provide you with a walk through of the lessons themselves.
The introductory narrated powerpoint resource can be downloaded HERE.
INCLUSIVE LESSON PLANS
1. Digital files: these files are editable and can be downloaded to your computer desktop/laptop
· Full grade K-8 version: can be downloaded HERE
· Gr. K-3 compiled lesson plans: can be downloaded HERE
· Gr. 4-8 compiled lesson plans: can be downloaded HERE
2. Printable files: these files are optimized to be printed out for classroom use
· Full grade K-8 printable version: can be downloaded HERE
· Gr. K-3 compiled lesson plan printable version: can be downloaded HERE
· Gr. 4-8 compiled lesson plan printable version: can be downloaded HERE